Today is National Pumpkin Pie Day, and I thought I would be completely remiss if I did not at least post something pumpkin-y.
No, it’s not a pumpkin pie.
But it is a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin.
Katie dishes up her muffin single-lady-style, but I decided to multiply the recipe a bit, so that I would instead have six muffins on my hand. I also made the recipe suitable for gluten-free guys and gals.
The pumpkin-licious-ness …
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins (gluten-free + vegan : makes 6 muffins)
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon Whole Grain Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 6 Tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 Tablespoon gluten-free, vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons vegan granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons nondairy milk (like almond, hemp, soy, coconut, etc.)
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil (you can also try safflower or canola)
- 3/4 teaspoons pure, gluten-free vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 330 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Pour batter into an oiled (you can also cooking spray) muffin pan. (I used my decorative pan, but a regular muffin pan will do the job just fine!)
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Let cool for 5-7 minutes in the pan, then move to a wire baking rack to cool completely.
More pumpkin (because we can):
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies (gluten-free + vegan)
- Banana Pumpkin Chocolate Chip and Walnut Quick Bread (gluten-free + vegan)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Gobs (gluten-free + vegan)