I don’t know about you, but I love a good salad. In my opinion, the more (healthy) toppings, the better. I love throwing all kinds of different ingredients on my salads — avocado, raisins, nuts, hemp seed, potatoes, tofu, beans, peas, tuna and more. In fact, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it …
Anyway, I whipped up this little number yesterday as a fresh spin on the classic tuna and chicken salad recipes. I had something similar to this at Whole Foods before and I decided it was time to give it a try at home. Lemme know what you think …
Crunchy Tofu Apple Salad (gluten-free + vegan)
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry, then cubed
- 1 -2 medium stalks of celery (depending on how crunchy you want it to be)
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon honey mustard
- 2-3 Tablespoons gluten-free, vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup raisins
- salt and pepper as desired
NOTES: I used Reduced Fat Vegenaise.
Put all ingredients into a large bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on fresh greens, like I did here, or between two slices of toasty gluten-free bread. OK, all of this talk has me hungry. I’m off to eat a salad … or sandwich … hmmm …